Wanted to make the crispy chicken again as felt a little ‘tatta’d out. ( too many potatoes). so here goes for the savoury rice recipe and it was delicious.. have plenty left for both hubby and I’s lunches tomorrow..
Here’s how it was made,
- 1 onion
- I red pepper
- 1/2 cauliflower broken into florets
- A handful of sliced mushrooms
- A handful of frozen peas
- A left over bag of mange tout
- 2 tspns turmeric
- 2 knorr veg stockpots
- 600 MLS hot water
- 300g basmati rice
I fried the onions, peppers and mushrooms in frylite, then added the rest of the ingredients in the PKP and set for 12 minutes…
I’m still hanging in there though lost my way a little over the past few days, not hugely but enough to not dare document in my food diary… onward and upwards… I’ve had a great few days though; off to a comedy show on Friday, and then had a few drinks afterwards and a bit of a dance, and was home by 2:30 am ( omg!!), then had a smashing lazy Saturday, and a chilled Sunday, and now back on track.
The dog has still been walked I hasten to add, and I’ve cooked a healthy dinner today of Cottage pie with butternut and potato mash on the top, so bad but not evil!!!
Roll on tomorrow, planners done and I’m ready for a healthy week!
We were’t sure what to have for dinner, and being that I’ve not been in the slimming world frame of mind lately, I was thinking a take away?, some junk food? Then I thought, hmm I’d try the Big Mac in a bowl and see if it satisfies my synful cravings and it did, so filling with masses of lettuce yet tasty enough to make you think you’re being a little naughty….
So if you’re thinking, hmmm maybe,… You Will Need
- 1 packet of extra lean steak mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 chopped onion
- A little Garlic and seasoning
With oodles of this on your plates…
- pickles (gherkins). As many as you like.
- Lashings and lashings of chopped Iceberg Lettuce
- Cucumber slices
- Tomato slices
- Dairlea Light Processed Cheese or similar. 4 slices (Healthy Extra A) We had Stilton though.
- 2 tbsp extra-light mayo ( 2 syns)
1. Chop onion and add fry in frylite to soften, then add the mince. Add salt and pepper and a little garlic and cook until it becomes a little crispy ( not over cooking).
2. Layer the plate with plenty of crispy iceberg lettuce.
3. When the mince and onion have cooked, spread the mince on top of the lettuce on the plate.
4. Add the tomatoes, cucumber and gherkins. Crumble or Tear up the slices of cheese and add the cheese pieces on top.
6. Serve with actifried chips and Enjoy.
Can you believe it, I’ve had a real breakfast this morning! Fruit and bran flakes with a banana and milk. Not bad, I still wanted my lunch from 11am onwards, But there again, I’m a greedy gannet!
For lunch I had made my egg fried rice which I also had for dinner too. At lunch time this was followed by melon and blueberries and this evening, I’ve held off a little as baking for tomorrow.
Snacks have been 1/2 a white chocolate and raspberry muffin to try it out and 1/2 a lemon drizzle cake (needed to taste test as they are gluten free and wanted to check they were still edible.. they’re actually okay believe it or not). I’ve also had a kitkat. I’ve had my he A and B and not gone too crazy with my syns… not a bad day… and tomorrow is Thursday already!!!
- 2 small onions
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 1 egg
- Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 400 ml chicken stock
- Frozen peas
On the meat setting of the PKP, fry onions and garlic until soft. Add egg and scramble it with other ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
Add rice and stock, stir well and cook for 10 minutes on rice setting
Breakfast: Nibbled crab sticks whilst I was cooking this morning
Lunch: potato and salmon tortilla and a yogurt
Dinner: vegetables and vegetables pasta (leftovers out if the freezer) yogurt
Snacks: a mini bottle of merlot, (7), a bag if crisps (6) a kitkat (5)
Slightly over but it is Valentine’s Day!! And I love my grub!
- New potatoes
- 3 large eggs (6 is better but I only had 3)
- 1/2 pot of quark
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked salmon slices or trimmings, chopped/ hubby had tinned as not a fan of smoked)
- Chopped onions and red pepper
- Some defrosted frozen spinach
- Low fat cheese ( I used low fat mozzarella)
Frylite the onions and red peppers.
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-12 mins or until they are just tender, then drain and leave to cool slightly before slicing them, and then adding them to the onions.
Lightly beat the eggs, stir in the quark, season then stir into the potatoes and onions.
Gently heat the mix until it begins to set.
Add the salmon, spinach, and cheese.
I use a spatula and score the middle to make portioning easier once cooked.
Place under a hot grill to brown the top and to melt the cheese.